General, Internet Movies and Music
1a: How to fix AVI files get the Commercial program "Video Fixer v3.23", it works great and quick too http://www.video-fixer.com/download.htm2a: How to fix MPG files with a Non Commercial programDownload at http://www.free-codecs.com/download/VCDGear.htmDo use the freeware software VCDgear VCDGear is a tool written to effortlessly extract MPEG streams from CD images, convert VideoCD files to MPEG, correct MPEG errors, create (Super)VideoCDs and more!
Some of the features you will find in VCDGear are :
- MPEG stream extractions from popular CD images
- On the fly MPEG correction to fix certain types of MPEG errors
- Super VideoCD and VideoCD image creation
- Sample generation - Multilanguage support
- Graphical interface and command-line versions available - Cross platform
- Anyone requiring the need to transport their video materials will find VCDGear as a useful tool to assist them in getting the video to play on their computer or VideoCD player.
2 b: see this great site too for great media software http://www.free-codecs.com/ - just a sample..- DivX AntiFreeze: Sometimes video clips contain invalid frames that cause Media Player to freeze the image. DivX AntiFreeze avoids such freezings.
- DivX Repair: using DivX Repair, you can repair corrupt DivX and AVI files and eliminate freezes.
- AVIFixed: can fix play time errors and help you to be able to watch partially downloaded DivX (AVI) movies.
- AVI Preview: is a program capable of playing partially downloaded AVI movies.
3 Is it possible to fix errors in VCD movie? Which program to use?
You need TMPGEnc. just search for it on the net..
Step 1. Load the VCD into your CD-R or DVD-ROM drive.
Step 2. Open TMPGEnc and go to File>MPEG Tools
Step 3. Click the tab that say's De-Multiplex.
Step 4. Click Browse and open up your .dat file or .mpg file. (If it is a VCD, make sure the tab in the explorer window is set to 'All Files.')
Step 5. You should now have a window, double click on the one that says video_stream. Doing this will extract the video into a seperate file that you will join together later. After finding a place to save the video file to, click ok and it will extract. It takes anywhere from 10-20 minutes, depending on your PC and the length of the video.
Step 6. Do the same thing for audio_stream.
Step 7. Now click on the tab that says simple multiplex. Now click browse and find the files that you just extracted. If they have the same file name, the audio will load by itself. If not, then you have to add the audio manually. The choose a place to save it, in the output box. Now click run. This should take 6-10 minutes, depending on your PC and the length of the video.
All done. Now all you have to do is burn the video again with Nero.Good luck..http://pkbulow.tripod.com/torrents.htm